Friday, August 10, 2012

The Beginning of the Blog ...


Like many Americans, I currently find myself unemployed.  So, what does one do in the event of unemployment?  There are many responses; the wisest among them would be to actively seek immediate gainful employment.  A second option is to allow your friends to fill you with overinflated ideas about your brilliance and importance, convincing you that you are funny and talented and should thus start a blog.  I have opted to respond in this fashion; you can feel free to curse my friends now.  I did always want to be an author as I was growing up, and thanks to technology anyone can achieve such a status.  While I would prefer to become an accomplished and published author, that would require both more time and talent.  This will be a test run to see if there’s a wide enough audience for a voice such as mine to ever appear on the bookshelves at Barnes and Noble.  Until I close a book deal with Random House, my work will appear online for free.  Since there’s no publishing payroll or any other payroll of any sort for me right now, I would kindly request that if you enjoy this blog, then you just send me some money bitches.  And so it begins …

5 comments:

  1. Just as an FYI: This time stamp above is incorrect. It is currently 3:30 a.m. It is probably not a good idea to begin one's blog at 3:30 a.m. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela - this is the start of something beautiful. I can sense it. As a blogger, myself, one tip - attach the "follow me" button so you can gather followers. When you are in Layout, click Add a Gadget, then click the plus sign for Followers. You can also do Follow by Email but I like to see all the little icons of my followers.

    I am excited to follow you on this journey - now get the damn button so I can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, thank you, thank you Ian! I so very much so appreciate the feedback and advice. I'm clearly totally new to blogging, and would welcome any more tips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In lieu of money I could pay you with diaper and vodka, two things you need and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I drink significantly less vodka these days. Rather, I will take diapers and red wine please. Love you!

      Delete