Friday, April 4, 2014

You Guys Like Me -- And I Have an Award to Prove It!


If you follow me on facebook (which you should do right now if you haven’t yet – check out that right-hand side bar folks!), you might be aware that I have been having what is now an annual event to be here out referred to as “I Feel Bad About Myself Because I Said 'Fuck' on My Blog.”  I know, it’s kind of a long title, but suck it.  That event was yesterday, and I’m over it already and back to being unapologetically me.  One of the reasons the guilt is gone is the reminder that you guys like me – you really do like me (and I love you for that, by the way). 
To signify the fact that there’s still love for this blog, I gratefully accept the “Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award” from the ever so kind, independent, intelligent Karen at Splat-ospheric (whose blog you should totally go check out right now because she too is a strong, sincere, compassionate individual).  So, thank you Karen! I know it took me ages to actually write my acceptance post, but my gratitude is no less sincere – winter just sucks the creativity right out of me. 

If you’re not aware, a lot of blogger awards also come with stipulations.  Okay, so, yeah, they are really more akin to chainmail than any kind of shiny, earnestly fought for, emblem of achievement (but I still want awards -- give me more awards!).  Given such, there are a few rules that accompany this award. 
THE RULES:
1. Provide a link to, and thank, the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the ten questions provided.
3. Nominate ten blogs to receive this award.
4. Provide links to your nominated blogs, and kindly let these bloggers know they have been nominated (and you think they kick ass!). 
5. Include the award logo within your post.
P.S. - I added the kick-ass part, and I don't know what this damn green bar is here for and I can't make it go away.  Aaargh.
 
Having accepted these rules, I now provide my responses to the ten questions:

1.       What is your favorite color? 

As it is the color of royalty, and I am the Queen Bee, purple is naturally my favorite color of all time.  Purple coat. Purple purse.  Purple jewelry.  I’m like that kid in your elementary class whose lunchbox, pencil box, tennis shoes, and scrunchy had to totally coordinate.

 
2.       What is your favorite animal?  

My favorite animal is easily the dog.  Dogs are our family and our best friends.  Cats, on the other hand, are shady mother-fuckers.  Sorry, cat lovers.

 
3.       What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?  

Who wrote these questions? Seriously, I want to talk about wine.  I refuse to answer this question, but wine is good.

 
4.       Do you prefer facebook or twitter?
See Example A: I hate twitter.  Reference Example B: I want you to follow me on facebook. You can even earn an entry to win the Baby Sideburns book by becoming a new like!

5.       What is your favorite pattern?
Uhm, I like swirly things. 

6.       Do you prefer getting or giving presents?
I prefer giving presents.  I like to see the happiness on other’s faces.  However, if the gift is large sums of cash, I prefer that.  Please send me large sums of cash – or bottles of wine.  Wine is good.

7.       What is your favorite number?  

I’m going to answer twenty-two.  I don’t really have a favorite number, but I still considered this question and thought, I was so damn hot at age twenty-two.  I should be twenty-two again.  I just really want those abs and ass again.  Let’s all lament the loss of my tight body before proceeding to the next question.  Thanks for that moment.

 
8.       What is your favorite day of the week?  

My favorite day of the week is Saturday as my husband usually lets me sleep in late and then serves me a home-made omelet, orange juice, and bacon (yum, bacon) upon my awakening.  I got myself a keeper.

9.       What is your favorite flower?
I adore lilacs.  That smell is heaven to me.  When I smell lilacs, I feel such a deep sense of blessing and I know that life is good.  I know that sounds cheesy as hell, but that fragrance really speaks to me.

10.   What is your passion?
It’s right here, folks.  My passion is writing and communicating.  It’s books and words – the deep, universal truths that can be found in fiction – those tales that restore our faith and remind us we are not alone.  I’m also deeply passionate about promoting empathy and education.  Oh, yeah, I also like wine.  Wine is good.

--------

And, finally, (and this is the part where the award resembles a chain letter), I present my list of “Sisterhood of the World Bloggers” nominees.  I hope that you each choose to proudly participate.  I have selected these individuals not only because they are skilled bloggers with great voices and true talent.  As this particular award speaks to sisterhood, I have more specifically selected those women who have inspired me either through their stories or their comments and support of my own work.  I know I can be an unintentional “blog-hole” at times as my life becomes overwhelming and I don’t get to visit and comment on your work as often as I would hope, but I want each of you to know that you are admired and appreciated.  I’m sending you each lots of love, and I hope you receive some new readers who check you out due to your appearance on this list. 

 

1.       Whoa! Susannah

2.       Ericka Clay (and Tipsy Lit)


4.       Disorderly Wanderlust

5.       Larks Notes This

6.       Kim Ulmanis

7.       That Cynking Feeling

8.       Seeker of Fun

9.       Michigan Left

10.   Outlaw Mama


2 comments:

  1. Cool! I liked reading all your favorites. Thanks for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I look forward to reading your post. One of the best parts of blogging is the community. All of the above women, including you, are simply wonderful!

      Delete